This pumpkin pecan banana bread is the perfect quick bread to make during the fall! It’s everything you love about banana bread with a delicious fall twist!
I wish my creativity wasn’t always elusive, but the truth is, most days it is. I spend a lot of time waiting for a grand recipe idea to come to me. Every once and a while though, there will be a day when my creativity just flows and I get all sorts of great ideas. Let’s take the day I figured out how to make pumpkin puree in the Crock-Pot for example! Now, that was a great day!
Well, today was another one of those days where I had a decent amount of creativity. Woo! Since I’ve been feeling fall-festive and since it’s
almost pumpkin season, I’ve been adding my pumpkin puree to all sorts of tasty recipes, which inspired me to add some to my banana bread and make a pumpkin/banana bread.
If you’ve followed this blog for any amount of time now, you know that I make traditional banana bread often; seriously, I make it almost every week at least! I just hate to throw away rotten bananas (and we are some banana bread eatin’ fools).
Since I was having a good creative day, it seemed like the perfect time to experiment with my banana bread recipe(s). So, I added some of my homemade pumpkin puree, some pumpkin pie spices, and some chopped pecans to my usual recipe and what I ended up with was nothing short of amazing! Bum, ba, ba, bum! I give you my new pumpkin pecan banana bread!
This pumpkin pecan banana bread is literally the bomb! Jay said it’s probably the best banana loaf I’ve ever made! Winner! The pumpkin and spices are subtle, which I love; just a little hint of fall. And the bread itself is super soft with a nice crispy crust. It’s not overly sweet or overly banana-y (yes, that’s totally a thing – haha). It’s fall perfection, really. I find that it pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee on a
crisp fall morning!
This post contains links to affiliate websites and we make a small commission for any purchases made using these links. As always, we appreciate your support.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Chili
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Chewy Pumpkin Blondies
Pumpkin Pecan Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 overly ripe mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pans (I used the Wilton 4 mini loaf pan).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.1/2 cup butter, 1 cup sugar
- Add egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix well.1 egg, 1 cup pumpkin, 1 tsp vanilla
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger and mix well.1/2 tsp baking powder, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger
- Slowly add the flour in batches and mix until combined.1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Fold in pecans and mashed bananas.3 overly ripe mashed bananas, 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans or muffin tins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating halfway through.