These is the best recipe for no-roll sugar cookies! It’s so easy you can make these chewy, perfectly cracked sugar cookies in one bowl and in about 30 minutes!
And speaking of everyday recipes, this is one that I have memorized. I make it that often! In fact, I didn’t even realize they weren’t posted on the blog until yesterday when I was making a batch just for fun!
It’s been such a crazy busy week around here that I haven’t had much creative time, so yesterday I baked up a batch of these no-roll sugar cookies just so I could photograph them. It made my heart happy to spend some time behind the camera and hey, I’m finally getting this amazing recipe posted too!
What makes this the very best no-roll sugar cookie recipe you ask?
- One bowl. That’s all you need to make this recipe. And there’s no mixer of any kind required. Just you, one bowl, and a spoon.
- It only makes two dozen cookies, which is enough, but not overkill. You can also scale up the recipe if you need a few more!
- The most obvious answer, there is no rolling required to make these cookies. You don’t even have to use a cookie scoop, but I’d recommend it since inconsistency in the size of the cookies can effect the quantity.
- Cleanup is a breeze with the one bowl, one spoon, and baking sheets lined with parchment paper. You can literally make them everyday if you wanted to. *No judgment here.*
So now you can probably understand why this is one of my favorite recipes of all time. And once you taste the buttery, sweet, and slightly crunchy cookies, I’m positive it will be one of your favorite recipes too. There really are no better no-roll sugar cookies, and I’m not just saying that!
No-roll Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, cream butter and sugar together until smooth and light colored.
- Add baking soda and sea salt and stir.
- Stir in egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add flour and mix to combine, avoid over-mixing.
- Using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze.