Do you love sugar cookies, but hate the work that goes into them? Well then, this is the recipe for you! These easy sugar cookies require no rolling, no chilling, no cookie cutters, and you can make them in under 30 minutes!
Only 8 ingredients in these easy sugar cookies
Besides the fact that these cookies are quick to make, they also have a very condensed list of ingredients, which you’re sure to have on-hand 99% of the time, making this an ideal everyday recipe, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll be whipping them up all the time!
The ingredients you’ll need
- Butter, unsalted
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Flour, unbleached
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase through this link, we will earn a small commission, which will help support this blog. Thank you!
How to make these sugar cookies
Unlike most sugar cookies, this easy sugar cookie recipe comes together fast and doesn’t require any prep work or chill time (other than letting the butter come up to room temperature).
- Start by creaming the butter, sugar, baking soda and salt together with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla extract and continue mixing for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, half at a time, and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. The dough should appear even in color and texture with only a few streaks of flour.
- Using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Generously sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, cool, and enjoy!
This will become your go-to easy sugar cookie recipe, and here’s why
- One bowl. That’s all you need to make this recipe. One bowl and 30 minutes of your time.
- It only makes about two dozen cookies, which is enough, but not overkill. You can also scale up the recipe if you need a few more (just hit the 2x or 3x button on the recipe card and I’ll do the math for you)!
- The most obvious answer, there is no chilling or rolling required to make these cookies. You don’t even have to use a cookie scoop, but I would definitely recommend it, since inconsistency in the size of the cookies can alter the quantity of cookies and baking time necessary.
- Cleanup is a breeze; with only one bowl and baking sheets lined with parchment paper, you’ll be washed up in mere minutes. You can literally make these easy sugar cookies everyday if you wanted to. *No judgment here.*
A few things to remember
View the Google web story for this recipe.
Now get to it and bake up some easy sugar cookies! Need frosting too? This is the best recipe!
Easy Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp milk
- 1½ cup flour, unbleached
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, cream butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt together with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.1/2 cup butter, unsalted, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix for 1 more minute.1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp milk
- Add flour, half at a time mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined.1½ cup flour, unbleached
- Using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined baking sheets and sprinkle the tops of each cookie with sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Are sugar cookies your jam? Check these out too
- The Best Sugar Cookie Frosting
- The Best Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Simple Snickerdoodle Cookies