3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Next time you have a craving for peanut butter cookies, try these old-fashioned simple 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. You won’t believe how easy (and totally delicious) they are. And, I bet you have all the ingredients on-hand right now!
You can’t go wrong with old trusty
As you know, I have a cookie obsession. And because of that, there’s a lot of cookie bakin’ going on at my house. All. The. Time. Almost every day I’m working on something.
But when it comes to baking a cookie treat for my family, I almost always resort to old trusty. These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are just that, an old, trusted, often-baked recipe that produces the perfect soft, crunchy, chewy, and completely delicious peanut butter cookies in literally, no time at all.
The 3 ingredients you’ll need
- Your favorite peanut butter
- An egg
It’s hard to believe that’s all you need to have a soft, chewy, bursting with peanut butter flavor (and did I mention, gluten-free?) batch of cookies, but really, that’s it.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase through this link, we will earn a small commission, which will help support this blog. Thank you!
How to make these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg and mix until smooth.
- Then, using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop them onto a lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork to gently press down on the top of each cookie in a criss-cross pattern.
- Generously sprinkle the tops of each cookie with sugar (which is optional, but I mean why wouldn’t you?).
- Then, just throw them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes (not literally, of course – please don’t throw the cookies. That will most certainly end up being a big mess and you’ll end up with no cookies…and no-one wants that!).
A note about the dough
This cookie dough is pretty sticky, so be mindful when you’re pressing the tops down with the fork. It’ll likely stick to the top of the cookie and you’ll need to gently hold onto each cookie to remove the fork. This is totally normal.
Fun variations of 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp sea salt to the dough to enhance the favor of the cookies.
- Drizzle the tops of the cookies with chocolate or white chocolate.
- Or dip the cookies in your favorite variety of melted chocolate.
- Substitute half crunchy peanut butter for added texture.
Questions about this recipe
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Extra sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg and stir until smooth.1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg
- Using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Using the back of a fork, gently press down on the top of each cookie in a criss-cross pattern to flatten them out.
- Generously sprinkle the tops of each cookie with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes prior to transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Other peanut butter recipes you should try
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars
- No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Kristine is a self-taught cookie baker and photographer. She's passionate about finding time for everything and making baking, crafting and homemaking simple. More...
I love how easy and simple these cookies are! Peanut butter is one of my favorite ingredients to bake with.
Thank you so much Diana! I totally agree, simple peanut butter cookies for the win!
Yum! I can see why you keep coming back to these. So delicious and easy! They would be a huge hit with my family.
Thank you so much Tara! They are such a great quick treat! 🙂
I love peanut butter cookies and these look PERFECT! Can’t wait to try your recipe.
Oh girl, me too! I hope you love them!
OMG, I would have never thought you can make cookies with just 3 ingredients. Incredible. I need to give it a try 🙂
Right, Edyta? They’re pretty amazing, I hope you like them!
I also love that the ingredients for these are in the pantry 100% of the time. These make a great little packable nibble. I may surprise my husband with some today!
Oh my gosh, yes Jeni! You could whip them up on a whim! I hope you love them! 🙂
Simple easy and delicious – that’s how I like it. My kids love peanut butter and these look perfect.
Yes, yes, yes Veena! I agree! Thank you so much.
YUM! These cookies look so good! I love how easy it is to make them ♥
Thank you so much Natalie! 🙂
I remember making 3 ingredient PB cookies growing up. One of my first baking memories. 🙂 These cookies are so simple, but so delicious! I always have these ingredients in my pantry too; I need to whip these up soon.
Oh my gosh, Marie – me too! They were always a go-to for my mom because they were easy and we ALWAYS had the ingredients in the pantry!
I love that these are so simple and need so little ingredients! Definitely going to be making these with the kids
Aw thank you Bintu, I do hope you guys have fun and enjoy them!
These look so scrummy! Absolutely love the guidance photos too, thanks so much for sharing!!
Thanks so much, Chris! 🙂
A great recipe with simple ingredients and so easy to make. Delicious with a decent coffee, and a good book.
Oh 100% Helen! Coffee and cookies are the perfect combination!
My granddaughter and I just made these peanut butter cookies. They are delicious! We were snowed in and I didn’t think I had ingredients to make anything. Then I got your email. We always have these 3 ingredients. I did add a little vanilla and a little salt. They are delicious! Thank you, Kristine! We had cookies and milk on a snowy day.
Hi Christine! I was just reading your email too! I’m so glad – that’s probably the thing I love the most about this recipe, I literally always have the ingredients! I’m so glad you two enjoyed them and that you were able to have homemade cookies on a snowy day! I’m kind of jealous of your snow, it’s already 80 degrees here! Sending love! XO