Next time you have a craving for peanut butter cookies, try these old-fashioned simple 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. You won’t believe how easy (and totally delicious) they are. And, I bet you have all the ingredients on-hand right now!
You Can’t Go Wrong With Old Trusty
As you know, I have a cookie obsession. And because of that, there’s a lot of cookie bakin’ going on at my house. All. The. Time. Almost every day I’m working on something.
But when it comes to baking a cookie treat for my family, I almost always resort to old trusty. These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are just that, an old, trusted, often-baked recipe that produces the perfect soft, crunchy, chewy, and completely delicious peanut butter cookies in literally, no time at all.
The 3 Ingredients You’ll Need
- Your favorite peanut butter
- An egg
It’s hard to believe that’s all you need to have a soft, chewy, bursting with peanut butter flavor (and did I mention, gluten-free?) batch of cookies, but really, that’s it.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
How to Make These 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg and mix until smooth.
- Then, using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop them onto a lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork to gently press down on the top of each cookie in a criss-cross pattern.
- Generously sprinkle the tops of each cookie with sugar (which is optional, but I mean why wouldn’t you?).
- Then, just throw them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes (not literally, of course – please don’t throw the cookies. That will most certainly end up being a big mess and you’ll end up with no cookies…and no-one wants that!).
A Note about the Dough
This cookie dough is pretty sticky, so be mindful when you’re pressing the tops down with the fork. It’ll likely stick to the top of the cookie and you’ll need to gently hold onto each cookie to remove the fork. This is totally normal.
Fun Variations of 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp sea salt to the dough to enhance the favor of the cookies.
- Drizzle the tops of the cookies with chocolate or white chocolate.
- Or dip the cookies in your favorite variety of melted chocolate.
- Substitute half crunchy peanut butter for added texture.
Questions About This Recipe
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Extra sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg and stir until smooth.1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg
- Using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Using the back of a fork, gently press down on the top of each cookie in a criss-cross pattern to flatten them out.
- Generously sprinkle the tops of each cookie with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes prior to transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.