It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and these heart cinnamon rolls are an adorable way to show your love, and they’re incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple steps, you can transform boring store-bought cinnamon rolls into the cutest Valentine’s Day breakfast surprise ever.
This post contains links to affiliate websites and we make a small commission for any purchases made using these links. As always, we appreciate your support.
Creating Heart Cinnamon Rolls
To begin, gather your ingredients:
- Store-bought cinnamon rolls
- Round baking dish
- Preheat your oven to the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open the package of cinnamon rolls and set the frosting aside. Unroll each one carefully.
- Take each unrolled cinnamon roll and shape it into a heart by gently rolling and bending the ends towards each other and pinching the bottom to form a point.
- Place the heart-shaped cinnamon rolls into a lightly greased round baking dish.
- Bake as directed for 12-14 minutes, adjusting the baking time if necessary to ensure the rolls are golden brown and baked through.
Do you love this post?
Share it on Pinterest
Once your heart cinnamon rolls are out of the oven and cooled slightly, it’s time to add the finishing touch with some delicious frosting. If you want to use the frosting that comes with the cinnamon rolls, here’s a few tips to fancy it up:
- Add Flavor: Enhance the flavor of the frosting by stirring in a splash of pure vanilla or orange extract, or a pinch or two of ground cinnamon.
- Incorporate Cream Cheese: For a tangy and creamy twist, blend softened cream cheese into the frosting. Simply beat the cream cheese together with the frosting until smooth and well combined.
- Drizzle with Honey or Maple Syrup: For a decadent touch, drizzle honey or maple syrup over the frosting-coated cinnamon rolls just before serving.
Or Make Your Own Frosting
- Classic Cream Cheese Frosting: Whip up a batch of creamy cream cheese frosting by combining 2 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Spread generously over the warm cinnamon rolls for a rich and tangy flavor.
- Vanilla Glaze: For a simple yet elegant touch, mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2-3 tablespoons of milk, and a pinch of salt together until smooth. Then drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon rolls for a sweet and glossy finish.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Melt some chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler, then drizzle over the cinnamon rolls for a decadent chocolatey twist. You can also sprinkle chopped nuts or mini chocolate chips for that extra crunch.
- Opt for Regular Size Cinnamon Rolls: Choose regular-sized cinnamon rolls instead of larger “Grands” rolls for more precise shaping into heart forms. The smaller size provides better control and allows for delicate manipulation to achieve perfectly defined heart shapes.
- Keep the Dough Cool: Before shaping the cinnamon rolls into hearts, place them in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Chilling the dough slightly makes it easier to handle and prevents it from becoming too soft and sticky, ensuring cleaner shaping.
- Be Gentle with Shaping: When forming the heart shapes, handle the dough gently to avoid tearing or misshaping the rolls. Slowly bend the ends towards each other and pinch the bottom firmly to secure the heart form. Taking your time and being patient will yield beautifully shaped cinnamon rolls.
Making Them Cute for Valentine’s Day
Now that you have your heart cinnamon rolls baked and frosted, it’s time to take them to make them extra special for Valentine’s Day. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Red and Pink Sprinkles: Sprinkle some red and pink heart-shaped sprinkles or traditional Valentine jimmies over the frosting to really jazz them up. You can also use edible glitter or sanding sugar to add more sparkle.
- Fresh Fruit Garnish: Arrange sliced strawberries or raspberries in the shape of a heart on top of the cinnamon rolls for a fresh and fruity addition. Not only does this add a pop of color, but it also provides a delicious contrast to the sweet frosting.
Heart-shaped cinnamon rolls are a great (and easy) way to spread some love on Valentine’s Day. With their irresistible combination of sweet cinnamon flavor and adorable heart shape, they’re sure to be a huge hit. They’re guaranteed to make this Valentine’s Day extra special. So, preheat your oven and bake up some love, my friends. 💕
Heart Cinnamon Rolls
- 8 cinnamon rolls (store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Carefully unwrap each cinnamon roll and gently shape it into a rolled heart shape. Place each heart in the baking dish.8 cinnamon rolls
- Bake cinnamon rolls as directed, for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and immediately frost cinnamon rolls.