This soft and sweet strawberry banana bread is the perfect place for some of those delicious summer strawberries!
It’s totally strawberry season and there are delicious looking berries everywhere I go, so I’ve putting them in everything I can think of! We are some strawberry loving folks over here! Waffles, cupcakes, yogurt, ice-cream, jam, and yes, in this most delicious whole wheat strawberry banana bread!
Let me go off on a tangent here for a second (it’s relevant, I promise!), I’m a little old grandma at heart. I love anything old, dated, and sometimes even worn out. I’m fascinated by the past and things from the past and yep, you guessed it, I love going antiquing! I’m particularly drawn to kitchen and baking things (shocking, I know) and I never get tired of rummaging around in bins filled with old metal pans or tubs full of random pieces of tarnished flatware.
During my last trip to the antique mall, I found this bread pan. I saw it on a shelf and fell in love with it instantly. I even did that excited little giggle and one-legged hop as I picked it up and put it in my basket. I knew I had to have it and that it would look incredible in photos!
Anyway, as soon as I had the pan home and clean, I knew it was time to find something to bake/photograph in this little beauty. And being that it’s strawberry season and that I had some overly ripe bananas sitting on the counter, this whole wheat strawberry banana bread was born!
The bread didn’t last long over here and we had it all eaten by the second morning, so that should tell you how good it is! soft, sweet, crispy on the outside. mmm! The bread is sweet from the bananas and a little tangy from the strawberries and is bursting with summer flavor! I’ll be making this one again really soon!
Next time you have some ripe bananas, don’t just make plan banana bread, make this strawberry banana bread instead!
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries, tossed in 1 tbs of flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, cream butter ands sugar until smooth.
- Beat egg and vanilla and mix it in.
- Stir in mashed bananas until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and add them to the wet mixture only until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in flour-covered strawberries.
- Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan ad bake for 15 min at 375 degrees. then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 35-45 more minutes. a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.