These little strawberry thumbprint cookies are the perfect addition to any holiday cookie platter!
Each year when I put together my holiday baking list, I try to make at least one different cookie. Sometimes it’s a new recipe and sometimes it’s one I haven’t made in a while. This year I was inspired to make a strawberry thumbprint cookie. It’s been ages since I’ve made thumbprints. AGES!
While I was making these little strawberry thumbprint cookies, I was talking with Hannah. She hangs out in the kitchen with me a lot; we often chit chat while I bake. Anyway, she informed me that these were her favorite cookies of all time! …I never make these cookies, ever. Mom fail.
I promised Hannah that I’ll make these cookies for her more often; I had forgotten how easy they are! The recipe is super simple and mine is, of course, a small-batch recipe, so it doesn’t make a ton of cookies (unless you want it to). And trust us when we tell you that these strawberry thumbprint cookies are perfection.
The cookie itself is light, buttery, and crunchy with a subtle zing from the strawberry jam and sweetness from the powdered sugar. They’re so simple, yet so delicious!
More strawberry recipes you’ll love
Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 TBS flour
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- In a medium bowl cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add extracts and stir.
- Add flour half at a time mixing in completely.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets.
- Using a 1 TBS cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll into balls. Place balls on cookie sheet.
- Using the back side of a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon (or your thumb), gently press an indentation into the top of each cookie.
- Fill each cookie with 1/2 tsp of strawberry jam (or your favorite flavor, they’re delicious with raspberry jam too!).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, avoid over-baking.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets prior to placing on a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cooled completely, dust with sifted powdered sugar.