These chocolate chip sprinkle cookies are a super easy way to make festive cookies for your next party or holiday celebration!
These are my favorite weekday cookies because you can make them with only one bowl and a spoon. No mixer required for these little beauties! And the kids LOVE them!
So, you may have seen me over on my Facebook page yesterday when I did my first (and second) live videos. It was a hot mess, really. My first attempted ended after 7 short seconds. I was making a very stressed out and weird looking face because I noticed my phone said poor video connection and I didn’t know what to do. And then it abruptly ended.
My second attempt was somewhat more successful, ending with the actual cookies; however, I got a phone call a minute and a half in and the first 50 seconds of the audio are completely cut off. I assume because of yet another poor connection. Thank you iPhone (that I’ve dropped a few times…), you completely made me look like a doofus. Go ahead, watch – it gets better after 50 seconds, I promise. And I’ll totally forgive you for fast-forwarding, haha!
Hashtags of the day, #nobodywantsasparsecookie, #iloveitwheniuseweirdwordsoncamera, and #embracingmyimperfections.
Anyway, I will say I’m really glad to have that first broadcast under my belt and looking back, I kind of enjoyed it. I liked sharing not just recipe instructions, but how I do it. I’ll for sure be doing
better more videos in the future, so watch out!
Now lets get back to these fun little chocolate chip sprinkle cookies! Like I said earlier these chocolate chip sprinkle cookies are not only quick and easy, as you saw in my video, but they’re delicious too! They have crispy edges and a chewy center and they’re loaded with chocolate chips (and sprinkles)!
Next time you need a quick cookie fix or your kids want to bake, these chocolate chip sprinkle cookies are the answer! Ooh we should use holiday colored sprinkles and make them super festive! Now, that’s a great idea!
Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add egg, water, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Stir in baking soda and salt.
- Add flour, half at a time and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes prior to transferring to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze.