Well hello there you chunky little Reese’s Pieces cookies you, don’t you look delectable? Oh yeah. These Reese’s Pieces cookies are thick and chewy and loaded with Reese’s pieces!
I don’t know about you, but I’m not one to ever turn down anything peanut buttery, especially if it involves Reese’s Pieces, so when I baked these Reese’s Pieces cookies the first time, take a guess who ate Every. Single. Cookie? *looks awkwardly away* – yeah me! They’re literally that good!
I’ve been in, what I call a ‘healthy baking’ phase for about a month or so now. I’ve been doing lots of healthier recipes over there; I’ve done two new gluten-free cookie recipes in the last week alone!
And while that’s all well and good, when it came time for me to do this post, I was beyond excited to create an indulgent and rich cookie again! The first thing that came to mind was chocolate and peanut butter, and what better way to do that than with Reese’s Pieces IN A COOKIE?!
When I started writing out this recipe, I thought about how I wanted the cookies to be in the end. I knew I wanted them to be thick and hearty, so I added chocolate chips in addition to the Reese’s Pieces to really give them some chunk. And I knew I wanted the cookie to be chewy too, but substantial and not too thin, so I used mostly brown sugar for some lift and chew. I also knew I wanted this to be a simple one-bowl, small-batch recipe, so I kept the ingredients simple, and common, and made the process easy.
What you’ll need to make these Reese’s Pieces cookies:
- Unsalted butter.
- Light brown sugar.
- Sea salt.
- Baking soda.
- Vanilla extract.
- Chocolate chips (any kind, though I used semi-sweet).
- Milk (dairy or nondairy is fine).
- Reese’s pieces.
Making these cookies is easy-peasy and you can do it all in one large bowl. Once you pop them in the oven though, that’s where the magic begins. They slowly start to melt into themselves and spread as they bake, but the tops will puff slightly before eventually falling to create a slightly wrinkled top.
The center of the cookies remain soft and chewy, but the edges are perfectly crispy. And I personally love the little snap you get when you bite into a Reese’s Pieces! Neither the peanut butter or the chocolate are overpowering in this cookie, the just go perfectly together to create a mouthwateringly delicious chunky Reese’s Pieces cookie!
Reese's Pieces Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp milk
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until smooth and light yellow in color.
- Add in the sea salt and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Stir in egg, vanilla extract, and milk and mix well.
- Add flour, half at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces.
- Using a 3 TBS cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined baking sheets two inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating halfway though.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze.