Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Oh, hi there! Remember me? It’s been a minute since I’ve a) been around and b) shared a new recipe, but despite my little break from blogging, I’ve been doing some recipe work behind the scenes and I’m real excited to be “back in the saddle” as they say.
One day, not too long ago, I was hanging out with Mad at our cabin (which we call Big Forest, by the way) and she suggested we bake some cookies. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity and asked her what kind we should bake?
She wanted chocolate chip, but as I was rifling through my baking drawer, I spied some leftover pecans.
You guessed it, chocolate chip pecan cookies coming right up!
About these chocolate chip pecan cookies though
I’ve been really into brown sugar cookies lately; the chew they have is unmatched, so these chocolate chip pecan cookies are made with mostly brown sugar. They are a thick, chewy cookie with crispy edges, and big chunks of milk chocolate and pecans on the inside. My gosh, they are GOOD!
The short list of ingredients
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Unbleached flour
- Milk chocolate (or chips)
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase through this link, we will earn a small commission, which will help support this blog. Thank you!
Making these chocolate chip pecan cookies
- To make these chocolate chip pecan cookies, you start by creaming the butter and sugars together for a few minutes by hand, until it’s nice and smooth. You can, if you must, use a mixer, but there’s just something about doing it by hand. #theoldfashionedway
- After the butter and sugars are smooth, you’ll add the wet ingredients and mix them to combine well.
- Toss in the baking soda and salt and stir.
- Add the flour, half at a time, mixing until just combined. Try not to over-mix the dough.
- Fold in the milk chocolate and the pecans, again until just combined.
- Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop and bake for 10-ish minutes.
As they bake, these cookies will puff up just a tad, but as they’re resting on the baking sheet after cooking, they’ll fall and this will create the most perfect cracked and crispy tops you’ve ever seen.
I highly recommend eating one or three right out of the oven, that’s when they’re at their very best. Mmmm!
Questions about this recipe
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour, unbleached
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (or chopped milk chocolate)
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line four baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.1/2 cup butter, unsalted, 1/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix for an additional minute.1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt.1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1½ cups flour, unbleached
- Add flour to wet ingredients, half at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in milk chocolate chips and chopped pecans.1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Using a 2 TBS cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cookies will puff up slightly while baking, but will fall when cooling. Remove cookies from the oven as soon as the tops start to brown, avoid over-baking.
- Let cookies sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Other chocolate chip cookies you should try
- Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies
Kristine is a self-taught cookie baker and photographer. She's passionate about finding time for everything and making baking, crafting and homemaking simple. More...
These cookies are amazingly delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much! I’m very happy to be back in the kitchen and sharing recipes again. More to come, for sure!
These cookies are so yummy. Chocolate chips and pecans are one of my favorite combinations and these were to die for!
Thank you so much, Anjali! So glad you enjoyed them; we sure do!
A stack of these cookies never last long in my home! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.
Haha same here, Shashi! I think that means we should just bake more, right?
We made these pecan cookies today, and our kids loved them! Thanks for the recipe!
I love it; I’m so glad to hear it. You bet, I’ll keep ’em coming!
I love the combination of pecans and chocolate chips. I couldn’t wait to try this recipe and the cookies were really good!
I’m so glad you enjoyed them, MacKenzie! They didn’t last long over here haha.
Chocolate and pecans are the perfect combo! My kids love these and smells so good when you bake them!
Oh my gosh, they really do smell heavenly Mirlene! Thanks so much!
The perfect cookie! The combo of pecans and chocolate is perfection!
I agree! Thanks so much Angela!
Chocolate and pecans are just a delicious flavor combination and these cookies certainly didn’t disappoint! We will be making them again soon!
Thank you so much, Gwynn! I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed them.
The combination of chocolate chips and pecans is magical!. My kids will love this recipe so bookmarked for the weekend.
Perfect! A weekend of baking sounds right up my alley Amanda. I hope you love the cookies and have a fun time making them!
I made these cookies last night and my family devoured them! Our new favorite cookie recipe!
Winner! This is the best comment of the day, Tayler! I’m so glad you enjoyed them (as much as we do). 😁