I’ve been thinking a lot about what I could do with cookie butter that would be fun; frosting perhaps? Or a cookie? Oh yes, most definitely a cookie; cookie butter cookies it is!
What is cookie butter, you ask? Well, cookie butter is typically made from pulverized spice cookies, a fat, flour, and a lot of sugar until it’s spreadable like nut butter. It’s basically spreadable cookies. 😁
Have you tried it; cookie butter, I mean? There are a couple of really good options out there. This Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter is my personal favorite. It tastes just like the Belgium Lotus Biscoff cookies, which are delicious!
The whole idea behind cookie butter cookies
I love nut butter cookies, peanut butter specifically, so I thought a cookie butter cookie would be a lot like that and I was right, they sure are…and more!
These cookies are thin, chewy, and have the unique flavor of Biscoff cookies! The outside edges of the cookies are crispy and crunchy, but the insides are soft and just a little crumbly. And who doesn’t love some cookie crumbles?!
The whole recipe is quick and easy to whip up. Start to finish, you’re under 30 minutes and you only need one bowl!
- Softened butter. It’s important to have very soft, but not melted butter. Take the butter out 1-2 hours ahead of time and let it sit at room temperature.
- Dark brown sugar. Using dark brown sugar will add to the moisture content and chew of these cookies.
- Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter. This particular cookie butter has the very unique flavor of Lotus Biscoff cookies and that makes it the best cookie butter for this recipe.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase through this link, we will earn a small commission, which will help support this blog. Thank you!
How to make cookie butter cookies
- Start by creaming the butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Next, beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Fold in the cookie butter.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and sea salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture, half at a time and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Then scoop the cookies out, sprinkle a little sugar on top, and bake them for roughly 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
This was one of those recipes that after the first time I made it, I knew it was a keeper. I love the light flavor of the cookie butter in a homemade, sweet, warm, crispy little cookie.
I, of course, ate a cookie or two right out of the oven because I couldn’t wait to give them a taste test, and then proceeded to eat about three more because they were so tasty.
Jay said “I expected it to be good, it’s a cookie, but it’s really good!”
Questions about this recipe
View the Google web story for this recipe.
Cookie Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup cookie butter (Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until smooth.1/2 cup butter, unsalted, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- Beat in egg and vanilla and mix for an additional minute.1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fold in cookie butter and stir.1/2 cup cookie butter
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and sea salt together in a separate bowl.1 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add flour, half at a time, mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Other easy cookie recipes you’ll love
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
- No-Roll Sugar Cookies