Cookie Butter Cookies
I’ve been thinking a lot about what I could do with cookie butter that would be fun; frosting perhaps? Or a cookie? Oh yes, most definitely a cookie; cookie butter cookies it is!
What is cookie butter, you ask? Well, cookie butter is typically made from pulverized spice cookies, a fat, flour, and a lot of sugar until it’s spreadable like nut butter. It’s basically spreadable cookies. 😁
Have you tried it; cookie butter, I mean? There are a couple of really good options out there. This Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter is my personal favorite. It tastes just like the Belgium Lotus Biscoff cookies, which are delicious!
The whole idea behind cookie butter cookies
I love nut butter cookies, peanut butter specifically, so I thought a cookie butter cookie would be a lot like that and I was right, they sure are…and more!
These cookies are thin, chewy, and have the unique flavor of Biscoff cookies! The outside edges of the cookies are crispy and crunchy, but the insides are soft and just a little crumbly. And who doesn’t love some cookie crumbles?!
The whole recipe is quick and easy to whip up. Start to finish, you’re under 30 minutes and you only need one bowl!
- Softened butter. It’s important to have very soft, but not melted butter. Take the butter out 1-2 hours ahead of time and let it sit at room temperature.
- Dark brown sugar. Using dark brown sugar will add to the moisture content and chew of these cookies.
- Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter. This particular cookie butter has the very unique flavor of Lotus Biscoff cookies and that makes it the best cookie butter for this recipe.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase through this link, we will earn a small commission, which will help support this blog. Thank you!
How to make cookie butter cookies
- Start by creaming the butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Next, beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Fold in the cookie butter.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and sea salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture, half at a time and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Then scoop the cookies out, sprinkle a little sugar on top, and bake them for roughly 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
This was one of those recipes that after the first time I made it, I knew it was a keeper. I love the light flavor of the cookie butter in a homemade, sweet, warm, crispy little cookie.
I, of course, ate a cookie or two right out of the oven because I couldn’t wait to give them a taste test, and then proceeded to eat about three more because they were so tasty.
Jay said “I expected it to be good, it’s a cookie, but it’s really good!”
Questions about this recipe
View the Google web story for this recipe.
Cookie Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup cookie butter (Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until smooth.1/2 cup butter, unsalted, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- Beat in egg and vanilla and mix for an additional minute.1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fold in cookie butter and stir.1/2 cup cookie butter
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and sea salt together in a separate bowl.1¼ cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add flour, half at a time, mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Other easy cookie recipes you’ll love
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
- No-Roll Sugar Cookies
Kristine is a self-taught cookie baker and photographer. She's passionate about finding time for everything and making baking, crafting and homemaking simple. More...
OMG these buttery delicious goodies are incredible! Saving this for my holiday cookie share!
Yes, haha, me too! A new fun little cookie for the win. Thank you so much, Aimee!
A perfect and simple cookie that tastes great! Personally, I like mine with a cup of coffee in the morning. 🙂
Oh heck yeah, me too Gina. Cookies + coffee are EVERYTHING! Thank you for stopping by.
Omg I absolutely love cookie butter, but I never thought to make cookies out of it. So smart! My family loved these cookies, thank you!
Thank you so much, Anjali! I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed them. Happy baking!
Just tried this cookie butter recipe. They were perfect, can’t wait to make them again around the holidays
Thank you so much MacKenzie! This makes me so happy.
Wow, I knew I’d love this recipe (because I am obsessed with cookie butter) but wow, I was blown away by how lovely these were! And extremely easy to make! Dangerously delicious – I ate 4 within half an hour 😀
Haha Ieva me too! I am obsessed! Thank you so much. I’m glad you found it to be an easy recipe; that was my goal!
Kristine, I have lived this long and never heard of cookie butter! Really! Now I must try this recipe to see how it tastes; both the cookies and the cookie butter. Just proves one is never too old to learn of new things! Thank you!
Oh Christine, you need to try it! It’s yummy! You can find it at most grocery stores near the peanut butter. It comes in both smooth and crunchy. I used smooth for this recipe, but both are very good by themselves haha!
On #9 of the directions you have written remove cookies from oven and immediately press a Hershey Kiss on top of each cookie. There is no mention in the ingredients list about Hershey Kiss nor did I see any on any of the pictures of your cookies. I look forward to making these with my Grandchildren next week, just rolling them in granulated sugar.
Hi Linda, thank you for the heads up! I don’t know what happened there. I’ll amend the recipe right now. I kind of like the idea of a Hershey’s kiss though, maybe I’ll rebake these and try it. I appreciate you taking a moment to leave a comment for me. Have a great day!
These cookie butter cookies were fantastic! My whole family ate them up so fast. I’m going to have to make another batch again very soon!
Haha, I love that Gina! Thank you so much. Happy baking!
This is the cookie of ALL cookies! I mean come on. Making cookies out of cookies. It doesn’t get any better than that. These were incredible. Totally making them for my Christmas cookie swap this year.
I totally agree Dana! More cookies is never a bad thing, haha. I’m so glad you loved them, thank you!
The flavor of cookie butter is so good in these tasty cookies! Another brilliant recipe from Kristine In Between!
You’re the best, Lisa thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed them. 😁
I just made these cookies and OMG were they amazing! So delicious. I can’t wait to make them again!
Yay! I love it, Tayler. So glad you enjoyed them!
This is my kind of cookie! I think I’ll keep these all to myself and not share, they’re delicious! LOL!
Thank you so much, Claudia! Me too, my friend! 🤭
I bet the dough tastes amazing 🤩
Hahahaha, you know me so well my friend! Heck yes it does, I ate at least two cookies’ worth, maybe more. 🤭