This kielbasa sheet pan dinner is made with earthy Brussels sprouts, sweet onions, and hearty sweet potatoes, caramelized to perfection with thick rounds of smoky kielbasa sausage. It’s all roasted to golden-brown, crispy perfection in the oven. In addition to this being a hearty and satisfying meal, it requires very minimal-effort.
Can you believe it’s Thanksgiving week already? The days are flying by and it’s time to get prepping already. And, that’s where this super simple kielbasa sheet pan dinner comes in, it’s quick and easy, and is on the table ready to eat in about half an hour. It’s perfect for one of the busiest weeks of the year.
What you’ll love about this recipe
Step-by-step Instructions to Make This Kielbasa Sheet Pan Dinner
- Preheat your oven to a toasty 425°F and get that warming. Grab a pound of fresh Brussels sprouts, a couple of medium-sized sweet potatoes (or one large one), a yellow onion, and your favorite kielbasa sausage.
- First, wash and trim the Brussels sprouts, cutting them in quarters. Next, peel and dice the sweet potatoes into hearty chunks—no need to be too precise here; rustic cuts work just fine, but the smaller they are the faster they’ll cook. I aim for 1/2 inch in size. And finally, for the kielbasa, just slice it evenly into rounds and set it aside for now.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts, onion, and sweet potatoes onto the sheet pan, drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix it all up, ensuring the veggies get a good coating of oil and seasonings.
- Roast the veggies for 15-20 minutes by themselves, until the sweet potatoes are becoming tender.
- After 15-20 minutes, pull the pan out of the oven and add the kielbasa and minced garlic. Stir it well to mix everything evenly. Return the pan to the oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and can be pricked with a fork.
- Serve in a bowl by itself or over rice.
Why This Dinner Is so Good
Now, the most crucial part in my opinion—taste testing. Grab a fork and dive in! The combination of the smoky kielbasa, the sweetness from the caramelized onions and sweet potatoes, and the richness of the Brussels sprouts is nothing short amazing.
The soft, crunchy, and crispy textures play off each other beautifully too, creating a satisfying and filling dinner that’s both comforting and hearty.
Fun Variations and Pairings
Feeling adventurous? This sheet pan dinner is easily customizable. Consider adding a handful of cherry tomatoes or throwing in some red onion slices instead of yellow for an extra layer of flavor. If you’re a spice lover, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or even chopped bell pepper will take this dish to a whole new level. You can really throw in anything you want to.
Now, for what to serve with this kielbasa sheet pan dinner. How about a dollop of tangy Greek yogurt or a drizzle of balsamic glaze? Mmm. For a complete meal, consider pairing it with a simple green salad, over a scoop of brown rice, or with a crusty baguette (because EVERYTHING is better with bread, right?).
I think you’ll find this simple kielbasa sheet pan dinner to be winner in every sense. It’s easy to make, requires minimal prep and cleanup, and the end result will have your family asking for seconds. So, roll up your sleeves my friends, preheat that oven, and get ready to enjoy a delicious hearty dinner in about half an hour.
Kielbasa Sheet Pan Dinner
- 12 oz Kielbasa sausage (one ring)
- 1 sweet potato (large, chopped into small chunks)
- 12 oz Brussel sprouts (quartered)
- 3 TBS olive oil (may use avocado oil)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (or two cloves of garlic, minced)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grab a half sheet pan.
- While the oven is preheating, wash the Brussel sprouts and chop them into quarters. Add them to the sheet pan.12 oz Brussel sprouts
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks and add them to the sheet pan.1 sweet potato
- Chop the onion into large chunks and add them to the sheet pan.1 yellow onion
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well and evenly coat the veggies with oil.3 TBS olive oil, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- Roast veggies alone for 15-20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes start to soften.
- While the veggies are roasting, slice the kielbasa into even slices and set aside.12 oz Kielbasa sausage
- After 15-20 minutes, pull the pan out of the oven and add the sliced kielbasa and minced garlic. Mix well and return to the oven.2 tsp minced garlic
- Roast veggies and meat for another 15-20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately by itself or over rice.