There’s nothing better than a breakfast of pumpkin French toast on a crisp fall morning!
You know how some days you wake up hungry; like a cup of coffee and a yogurt will do, and then other days you wake up…HUNGRY!? Well, today I woke up HUNGRY! I wanted something substantial and I wanted something fall.
In the true spirit of it ‘almost’ being fall (I know, I know) and since I had pumpkin puree in the fridge left over from the pumpkin pie oatmeal I made earlier this week; my wheels started turning. I could just add some pumpkin puree and spices to the eggs and make pumpkin French toast! My mouth started watering at the idea…
It really was that easy! I just added 1/4 cup pumpkin puree and some pumpkin pie spice to my recipe and cooked my French toast as usual. Oh. My. Goodness. The outcome was delicious! Warm, buttery French toast with a hint of pumpkin pie! MMM! I didn’t have any heavy cream on hand this morning, but if I did, I would have added a dollop of fresh whipped cream to the top of each piece! This pumpkin French toast was the perfect fall breakfast!
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8-10 slices sprouted wheat bread
- Butter for griddle
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees and melt butter.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and coat both sides.
- Cook on griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with butter, warm 100% maple syrup, fresh whipped cream, and/or chopped pecans.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.