Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
If you’re looking for THE peanut butter cookie, I’ve got you covered! These flourless peanut butter cookies are naturally gluten-free, but you’d never guess so. The cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and peanut butter in a thin, chewy, little cookie.
Yeah, that’s a good question actually. I’m not gluten-free, so it wasn’t really about that for me, although it’s a nice bonus for my GF friends; I was thinking more about simplicity.
How can I make peanut butter cookies easier. Less ingredients = easier. I guess that’s the bottom line here. These cookies have only a handful of ingredients and only 4 simple steps. And that’s only part of the reason they’re so great!
Here’s what you’ll need
- Smooth peanut butter (not natural peanut butter)
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Dark brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase through this link, we will earn a small commission, which will help support this blog. Thank you!
Making these flourless peanut butter cookies
- Cream the peanut butters, dark brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, and sea salt together until pretty evenly mixed. The dough will be thick and grainy, that’s okay.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract and incorporate them well. You can’t really over-mix these cookies, which is really good news (especially if you’re a chronic over-mixer like me).
- Scoop the dough onto lined baking sheets and generously sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.
- Bake, cool, and eat!
What makes these the best peanut butter cookies
- The most obvious reason, they’re super simple to make and only require a few ingredients and about half an hour.
- They’re thin and chewy and have the most perfect crackled, crispy tops and edges.
- They’re naturally gluten-free (high-five to my gluten-free friends!).
- They’re lower in carbs than most cookies (high-five to my low-carb friends!).
- They pair perfectly with coffee
in the morning(maybe not everyone eats cookies for breakfast?).
- They’re loaded with peanut butter, but thankfully, they’re not sticky-icky hurt-your-belly kind of sweet. Win!
Questions about this recipe
There you have it, I 10/10 recommend
Flourless, gluten-free, low-carb, whatever you want to call them. These peanut butter cookies are so easy and so full of peanut butter flavor, they will quickly become your favorite recipe. Now, get you some and let me know what you think – leave your comments or questions below.
View the Google web story for this recipe.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream peanut butter, sugar, dark brown sugar, baking soda, and sea salt until smooth.1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth, 1/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Stir in egg and vanilla and mix well.1 egg, 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop dough and place on a lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Generously sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Let cookies cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will be very delicate until fully cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Other to-die-for peanut butter cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Kristine is a self-taught cookie baker and photographer. She's passionate about finding time for everything and making baking, crafting and homemaking simple. More...
Hi Granddaughter, that cookie recipe is great for those of us who have to cut carbs. I’m going to share it with my curves friends.
Hi gram! Exactly! I ‘almost’ didn’t feel guilty when I ate 4 of them, hahaha! They’re really yummy, I hope you all enjoy them! XOXO
Yum! I’m going to try making these. I LOVE PB!
Hi Amber! Me too, me too! All. The. Peanut. Butter. LOL! I hope you like them as much as we do! 🙂
OH HECK YEAH!!! I have a party to go to this weekend and the host has a gluten allergy! These cookies will be a hit. That is if I don’t eat all the batter and cookies first #Ihaveaproblem. HA!
LOL, Christina! #bestcommenttoday …and I’m right there with you! I made these cookies two days ago (and ate most of them myself – speaking of problems) and made MORE today. They really are that good, gluten-free or not! We LOVE them! I hope you do too!
These look so good! Definitely a must try!
Thank you so much Lauren! Hope you enjoy them! 🙂
These cookies will be great for my gluten free friends! And for my non gluten free friends, because how can you go wrong with peanut butter cookies? The only issue is saving them for my friends. 🙂
Haha, Annemarie I know what you mean! They are so good, they are never around for too long!
Peanut butter cookies are some of my absolute favorite! Especially the super easy kind like these. I can smell them now baking in the oven…
Mine too, Sophia! I love anything peanut butter! 🙂
Totally with you about the end of August being an odd time to develop recipes, before you know it mid September will be here and more Autumnal recipes will be all the rage but right now here in Hungary it is still very warm too… Just call me Mr confused :S
These look wonderful, I love peanut butter.
I’m glad I’m not the only one Brian! I’m ready for fall and all of the fall food, but it’s not fall yet! LOL! Thank you so much!
I love peanut butter desserts so much so these cookies are right up my alley! 🙂 I’ve never tried making cookies with both smooth and crunchy peanut butter; I need to try that!
Thank you so much Marie! The crunchy peanut butter just gives a little extra texture and well, crunch to the cookies! These really are some of my favorite peanut butter cookies ever! Hope you enjoy them! 🙂
You definitely have your peanut butter bases covered, lady! These sound scrumptious and the texture looks incredible! I love that you used both creamy AND crunchy peanut butter to get just the right texture!
Oh Amy, thank you so much! I’m all about a good peanut butter cookie; heck, I’m all about a good cookie period! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! 🙂
Oh! I will definitely give this recipe a try! These cookies look great — peanut butter is my fav!!
Thank you so much Patty, I hope you like them! They’re one of my favorites too!
These look amazing! I need to make these for my next bookclub! They would love them 🙂
Yes Kaitie! These would be perfect for bookclub! Thank you so much!
Peanut butter cookies are my fav since I don’t like chocolate! And no flour….sign me up!
Oh I’m with you Brandi, I’d take peanut butter over chocolate ANY day! Thank you so much! 😉
I made this recipe yesterday and could not believe how good they were. No flour, no butter? And yet they turned out to be the perfectly crisp, melt in your mouth cookie us gluten deprived crave. Better than Tate’s Gluten Free Cookies if they only made peanut butter cookies. Next time I’ll add chocolate chips. So good. Thank you.
Hey Barbara! I’m so glad you loved them too! I absolutely agree with you, I couldn’t believe it either – they really are the most perfect peanut butter cookie and with only a few ingredients! I appreciate you stopping by to leave a comment! Happy baking!