If you’re looking for THE peanut butter cookie, I’ve got you covered! These flourless peanut butter cookies are naturally gluten-free, but you’d never guess so. The cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and peanut butter in a thin, chewy, little cookie.
Yeah, that’s a good question actually. I’m not gluten-free, so it wasn’t really about that for me, although it’s a nice bonus for my GF friends; I was thinking more about simplicity.
How can I make peanut butter cookies easier. Less ingredients = easier. I guess that’s the bottom line here. These cookies have only a handful of ingredients and only 4 simple steps. And that’s only part of the reason they’re so great!
Here’s what you’ll need
- Smooth peanut butter (not natural peanut butter)
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Dark brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase through this link, we will earn a small commission, which will help support this blog. Thank you!
Making these flourless peanut butter cookies
- Cream the peanut butters, dark brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, and sea salt together until pretty evenly mixed. The dough will be thick and grainy, that’s okay.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract and incorporate them well. You can’t really over-mix these cookies, which is really good news (especially if you’re a chronic over-mixer like me).
- Scoop the dough onto lined baking sheets and generously sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.
- Bake, cool, and eat!
What makes these the best peanut butter cookies
- The most obvious reason, they’re super simple to make and only require a few ingredients and about half an hour.
- They’re thin and chewy and have the most perfect crackled, crispy tops and edges.
- They’re naturally gluten-free (high-five to my gluten-free friends!).
- They’re lower in carbs than most cookies (high-five to my low-carb friends!).
- They pair perfectly with coffee
in the morning(maybe not everyone eats cookies for breakfast?).
- They’re loaded with peanut butter, but thankfully, they’re not sticky-icky hurt-your-belly kind of sweet. Win!
Questions about this recipe
There you have it, I 10/10 recommend
Flourless, gluten-free, low-carb, whatever you want to call them. These peanut butter cookies are so easy and so full of peanut butter flavor, they will quickly become your favorite recipe. Now, get you some and let me know what you think – leave your comments or questions below.
View the Google web story for this recipe.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream peanut butter, sugar, dark brown sugar, baking soda, and sea salt until smooth.
- Stir in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a 1.5 TBS cookie scoop, scoop dough and place on a lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Generously sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Let cookies cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will be very delicate until fully cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.