When it comes to chocolate cookies, mint chocolate are my favorite! Especially when they’re quick and easy, like these small-batch mint chocolate cookies!
One day when Hannah and I were making our way through Target, we were cruising down the baking aisle (my favorite aisle, of course) and we spied these Andes baking chips. Hold. The. Phone. What? Right then and there, we stood in front of the baking chocolate and started brainstorming all sorts of recipes in which we could utilize these lovely little mint baking chips and just like that, into the cart they went!
The first recipe on our list for these little pieces of mint heaven were some mint chocolate cookies! I have a great double chocolate cookie recipe that I make all the time, so I just made a few modifications to it (increasing the flour slightly and of course, omitting the chocolate chips in favor of the mint baking chips) and baked them up.
I could hardly wait to get these little babies out of the oven, and let me tell ya, these mint chocolate cookies are absolute perfection! In every single way you could imagine. They’re soft and chewy, and chocolatey, and because the Andes mint baking chips are small, there are tons of them in each cookie; yes, you literally get mint chips in every single bite! You’re welcome!
And as I mentioned before, this is a small-batch recipe, so it only makes about 14 large cookies or 24 small cookies, which makes them perfect for any day…or let’s be real, everyday! Wahaha! But don’t fret, the recipe can easily be doubled to make many, many more cookies, you know, like say for the upcoming holidays! These mint chocolate cookies would make a beautiful addition to a festive cookie platter or holiday gift basket this Christmas!
Oh, and yes you can absolutely just chop the Andes mint candies by hand if you already have those!
Mint Chocolate CookiesPrint
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in warm water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Andes mint baking chips or mint chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Stir in salt and baking soda and water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour and cocoa powder together until well combined.
- Add flour to wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated, try not to over mix.
- Fold in mint chips.
- Scoop onto a prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes for 1 TBS size cookies or 14 minutes for larger cookies.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
I need to see more cookies!