Start the day with this healthy and wholesome whole food everyday granola!
I don’t know if you’ve looked around at all, but there are like a million different flavors of granola out there. These people are uber creative! And don’t get me wrong they all sound incredible, but most mornings when I reach for a crunchy topping to my yogurt or for a bowl of golden sweet granola, I don’t want something fancy, I’ll take my good old everyday granola.
When we first made the transition to whole food, boxed cereals were a hard thing to let go of, especially for hannah. She was my cereal-every-morning kid. And I’m not going to lie, I’ve been known to eat a bowl of cereal for dinner myself, so obviously, giving up cereal entirely was not in the cards for us.
Thankfully, this recipe…everyday granola, saved us from certain misery! It’s simple, sweet, and super easy! I love that it’s made with all wholesome ingredients and that you can just throw in whatever you have hanging around in the pantry, but I usually make it the same way every time! What can I say, the flavors are just a winning combo!
I make about a pan of this everyday granola a week and we use it on all sorts of things from yogurt, to snack mix, to popcorn and of course hannah eats it as cereal all the time. It’s really become an essential in our pantry. In fact, I’m pretty sure I could eat this crunchy, nutty granola every single day, in one way or another!
Try these breakfast recipes too
- Banana Pecan Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Granola
- Vanilla Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray a large baking sheet.
- Pour oats into a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl mix maple syrup, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture over oats and stir. Make sure to incorporate all of the oats.
- Add in any additional ingredients and mix well.
- bake for 30 minutes total; stirring every 5-10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.