One of my favorite things about the weekends are weekend breakfasts. I love to make crepes, pancakes, eggs, bacon and waffles, especially these honey whole wheat waffles with strawberries!
Now that it’s summer, we have so much more time in the morning, so I can make a big breakfast (other than our standard oatmeal) more often!
Mad and I are the true breakfast lovers in this house. We love pretty much all things breakfast and will eat it for any meal of the day. We’ve even had breakfast for breakfast and then had breakfast again for dinner! Yep, we are awesome!
Before we changed our diet, I used to always serve my waffles or pancakes with butter and syrup and it was a hit (of course), but then I started offering fresh fruit or some of my homemade jam instead of maple syrup and guess what, it was a hit too! MM actually prefers fruit or jam over syrup now, so I don’t usually even put it out!
This whole wheat waffle recipe has a hint of cinnamon flavor and is sweetened with a little bit of honey, a perfect start to any morning!
This post contains links to affiliate websites and we make a small commission for any purchases made using these links. As always, we appreciate your support.
Honey Whole Wheat Waffles
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, butter, honey, cinnamon, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into waffle maker and cook according to your waffle maker instructions.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh fruit or warm maple syrup.