I’m back at it with the coconut flour! Today, I whipped up these coconut flour shortbread cookies. Since we are trying to get our house ready to sell (AH!), I was looking for a simple recipe that didn’t make a humongous batch of cookies and these were perfect. They are gluten-free, grain-free, and only have 3 ingredients!
These cookies have a light and crumbly texture and are literally ready to eat in less than 20 minutes! You could easily alter the flavor by adding almond or vanilla extract or even the zest of a lemon or orange. They’re a great addition to any gluten-free cookie lineup!
- 6 TBS coconut flour
- 4 TBS butter or coconut oil melted (I used butter)
- 1-2 TBS honey or maple syrup (I used honey)
- ¼ tsp almond extract or vanilla (I used almond)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until it is the consistency of a thick paste.
- Shape into balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Press down on the tops gently with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Let cool completely on the pan or they will crumble.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.