Valentine’s Day Pancakes
Spoil your sweetheart with these wholesome and delicious Valentine’s Day pancakes!
When it comes to celebrating holidays I always go overboard! I love to celebrate anything and everything. Since our girls were small, I’ve made festive pancakes; meaning, every holiday the Saturday morning pancakes got holiday themed sprinkles.
This is my Valentine’s Day version, these Valentine’s Day pancakes are wholesome and fun, so they’re a win for moms and a win for kids! If you can believe it, I’ve made these pancakes for my kids since they were tiny babies, and they’re now both teenagers, but guess what, they still want these Valentine’s Day pancakes! It’s a tradition!
When I make pancakes, I like to use a half-and-half blend of white unbleached flour and white whole wheat flour. The pancakes come out light and fluffy, but have some added texture from the white whole wheat flour, which I absolutely love!
And then when you add sprinkles to the batter and again over the top, it’s like breakfast perfection! Sometimes, Mad will request dark chocolate chips in hers too, instead of syrup and those are…to-die-for!
Make your sweetheart(s) feel extra special this Valentine’s Day with this easy sprinkled Valentine’s Day pancakes and start a festive tradition of your own!
- 1/2 cup white unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- Butter for cooking
- Sprinkles for decorating
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add egg, honey, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add milk and stir, avoid over-mixing.
To cook pancakes:
- Preheat griddle to 325 degrees and melt butter.
- Spoon batter onto griddle and sprinkle generously with sprinkles.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until light and puffy.
- Serve warm with butter, 100% maple syrup, or fresh whipped cream.
Looking for other delicious breakfast ideas? Try this pecan caramel French toast or this sausage and green chili egg puff!
Kristine is a self-taught cookie baker and photographer. She's passionate about finding time for everything and making baking, crafting and homemaking simple. More...