Make any night pizza night with this honey whole wheat pizza crust made with all whole food ingredients! It’s delicious!
We are completely back to normal around here. No more decorations or festivities or christmas music and movies (boo!). The kids are back to school this week and we are back to our everyday life. Anyone besides me feel a little down about it? Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad to have my house back and some routine again, but I miss it already. I mean, why can’t it be Christmas all year? I’m
Since school is back in session, that means cooking dinner nightly is too. We got seriously off track during November and December with tons of leftovers, many, many nights of eating out, and cookies with almost every meal, so I’m really looking forward to getting our eating back on track!
I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things to make during the week (or anytime actually) is pizza. We all love it. This homemade honey whole what pizza crust is quick and easy and allows everyone to have something that they want, which is a dinnertime win! Plus the girls usually want to make their own pizza, so it becomes a family activity and I’ll take every minute of that i can get!
Honey Whole Wheat Pizza CrustPrint
- 2-1/2 tsp active dry yeast (one 1/4 ounce package)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 TBS honey
- 2-1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl or measuring cup combine water, yeast, and honey. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add olive oil and yeast mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Knead for 5 minutes or 2-3 minutes in a stand mixer with a dough hook (dust with flour if it's too sticky).
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for approximately 1 hour (up to 2 hours).
- Punch risen dough down and reshape into a ball (either use immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to desired thickness and place on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove dough from oven, top with sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let pizza rest for 5 minutes before slicing.