It has finally turned fall-ish here in Arizona and by fall-ish, I mean that we had a daytime high in the mid 60’s! Woah! Even though I’m cold all the time, the cooler temps have inspired me to get back in the kitchen finally and back to baking! Super exciting!
I don’t know about you, but when I want to whip up a sweet treat, I usually look for a quick and easy recipe, and that means good old chocolate chip cookies. Now, I love me some chocolate chip cookies, of course, but I also feel that peanut butter makes (almost) everything better, am I right?
So, to improve on an already good thing, I combined the two; my favorite everyday chocolate chip cookies and some natural peanut butter to create these incredibly fast, easy, and delicious peanut butter chocolate cookies!
I’ve made these both with and without chopped unsalted peanuts, depending on what I had in my pantry at the time, but I really like the crunch the peanuts add. If you like nuts in your cookies, I say definitely add them, you won’t be sorry.
Oh, and just a little note, if you’re not a natural peanut butter fan and opt to substitute for regular peanut butter, remember to decrease or omit the salt from the recipe below.
Give ’em a try today!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla and stir until well blended.
- Stir in baking soda and sea salt.
- Slowly add flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and peanuts (if using).
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Cool on a wire rack.
© kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.
Ready for a freebie?
Let's get organized! Share your email and receive a free daily planning page printable to help design your days!