These quick and easy peanut butter oat bars are the perfect nutritious and delicious snack. They only require a few ingredients and a few minutes!
Let’s talk about snacks today! When it comes to snacks, I always feel challenged. So may (convenient) snack foods are super-duper processed. I end up not even buying them because if we have any in the house, that’s all my kids will eat. They buzz right past the usual snack choices and go for the garbage. Not a fan.
If you’ve visited my blog before you know that I’m a huge fan of not only whole food, but quick and easy cooking (or in this case, non-cooking). Take these 4 ingredient peanut butter oat bars for example. They are quite possibly the perfect snack!
All you need one pan, one dish, and about 30 minutes. And they’re totally delicious. They don’t last long around here, and even Jay has been known to grab one on his way through the fridge.
This is a great recipe because it only has a few, 4 to be exact, whole ingredients and there’s no baking involved! You can make these peanut butter oat bars up on Monday, then slice and store them for the rest of the week. Wholesome snack success!
Why these peanut butter oat bars are the perfect snack:
- They are made with only a few wholesome ingredients that are always in your pantry.
- They are filling and nutritious and contain no refined sugar.
- They only take about 30 minutes to make.
- They are a grab-and-go snack and can easily be packed in lunches.
- The can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Annnnnd, I saved the best thing for last! These bars are absolutely perfect for shape cutouts! Looking for a cute homemade treat/snack for any holiday? Instead of slicing them with a knife, grab your favorite cookie cutters and firmly press them all the way through (while the bars are still on the foil to make clean up super simple) and wah-lah, theme treats!
Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter, natural
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt peanut butter and honey together and stir until smooth.
- Stir in sea salt.
- Add oats and stir to combine, coating the oats evenly with the peanut butter.
- Remove from stove and pour into a lined baking dish.
- Using your fingers, flatten the mixture completely.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes, until set.
- Lift bars from pan using the foil or parchment paper and slice into 16 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.