Today, I’m excited to bring you this ridiculously easy (and delicious) peppermint fudge. It’s so good, you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
Why do you need this fudge recipe you ask? Well first of all because it’s a fudge recipe, duh! And secondly (and thirdly), because this recipe has only 3 main ingredients and can be made on the stove or….wait for it… in the microwave! C’mon, you know you’re excited now! You can have delicious fudge in like 5 minutes flat!
…Unless you go a step further like I did…and make your own sweetened and condensed milk of course, then it’s more like 2 hours and 5 minutes!
I’ve never tried to make sweetened and condensed milk before, and actually I never even thought about that possibility, until yesterday when I read the ingredient list on the can. Light bulb! I could totally make this! It’s really easy, minus the 2 hours of simmering time…that wasn’t my favorite, but the final outcome was pretty fantastic (especially for use in fudge)!
And just so you know, I’ve made this fudge both ways (now) and they were both scrumptious, so don’t feel like you have to get your Betty on and make your own sweetened and condensed milk unless, of course, you’re dying to try it! Then by all means, check out my recipe below!
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk (see homemade recipe below)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Crushed (dye-free)
- In a medium saucepan or microwave save bowl, melt chocolate chips, sweetened and condensed milk, and vanilla, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with aluminum foil and pour melted chocolate into pan. Smooth out with a spoon and sprinkle crushed peppermints over the top.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, slice, and serve.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar (to substitute honey, see notes)
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk and sugar to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until the mixture has reduced by half. A skin may form on the top, remove as desired.
- Stir in butter and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a clean glass jar and refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to use.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.