Okay, I’m going to let you in on a little secret… yesterday was my birthday! it was a really good day. I was sung to, text messaged, facebooked, visited, and just generally spoiled by my very loving bunch of friends and family.
It really made turning 25
again (snicker, snicker) feel pretty special.
And, as you know, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, so yesterday was no exception. I started my special day with my delicious whole wheat pancakes and fresh fruit. Probably one of my favorite breakfast meals of all-time.
This is my go-to basic pancake recipe. I make it every weekend. The pancakes are light and fluffy and have a hint of vanilla and honey flavor. I personally love that it takes only a few minutes to whip up and contains no refined sugar or yucky ingredients.
This is also the perfect recipe for creative add-ins. yes! try tossing in some mashed bananas, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, or chopped bacon. And if you’re not a fan of mix-ins, top them with some berries, fresh whipped cream, or 100% maple syrup and breakfast is served!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until mixed well.
- In a small bowl, light beat the eggs, vanilla, honey, and melted butter.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir.
- Add milk and mix well, but do not over-mix.
- Preheat griddle to 325 degrees and melt enough butter to cover cooking surface.
- Spoon batter onto griddle and allow to cook for a few minutes until slightly bubbly on top and then flip. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with butter and warm maple syrup.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.
Ready for a freebie?
Let's get organized! Share your email and receive a free daily planning page printable to help design your days!