hello and happy friday! i’ve wanted to sit down and write something all week long, but each night as i crawled into bed without even cracking open my laptop, i told myself ‘tomorrow’.
well, tomorrow finally came and i’m getting it done! and what better thing to share with my friends at the end of a very long week, than one of my favorite cocktails! bubbly, fruity, white wine sangria! (i could totally use one of these right now!)
this sangria is a little different from some other recipes you may have seen. first of all, i like to use white wine instead of red. …mostly because red wine and i are not friends anymore (after one really long night in the bathroom a while back, sigh).
luckily i adore the light flavor and crispness of white wine with the fruit, they’re a perfect match! i also throw in some 100% pineapple juice for a touch of tang and some sweetness without having to add any sugar, but you can sweeten it further with a little honey if your taste buds have a real sweet tooth. 🙂
For brunch or by the fire, you’ll find you can enjoy this fruity sangria all year long! we sure do!
- 1 bottle of sweet white wine
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 1 orange
- ½ lemon
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 12 strawberries
- 1 cup 100% pineapple juice
- ¼ cup brandy (optional)
- ¼ cup honey (optional to sweeten the sangria if needed)
- Pour the white wine and pineapple juice into a large pitcher.
- Wash and cut the fruit and add to the pitcher.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, pour in champagne and brandy and stir well.
- Garnish with fruit and enjoy!
© kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.