I wish my creativity wasn’t always elusive, but the truth is, I spend a lot of time looking for it most days. Just waiting for something to come to me. But then there are certain days it just flows and I get all sorts of great ideas. Like my pumpkin puree in the crock-pot or this pumpkin pecan banana bread!
I make banana bread often, seriously almost every other week at least because I don’t like to throw away bananas. Since it’s fall and since I was having a creative day…I got creative. I added some pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices, and pecans (instead of my usual walnuts) to my favorite banana bread recipe and what I got was nothing short of amazing.
In fact, Jay said this is the best loaf I’ve made so far! The pumpkin and spices are subtle; just a little hint of fall and the bread itself is super soft and moist (because of the pumpkin). It goes great with a cup of coffee in the morning or a tall glass of milk at night. This recipe is a must for your fall baking list!
- ½ cup butter
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the next 6 ingredients (spices) and stir.
- Slowly add the flour in batches and mix until combined.
- Fold in pecans and mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans or muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes, rotating halfway through.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.