I realized today that I have a pumpkin problem. In the spirit of fall, I had a taste for pumpkin, so I made my pumpkin pie oatmeal, then I started brainstorming other recipes because I had leftover pumpkin. Well then, I had to open a new can of pumpkin to have enough to finish the pumpkin French toast, and now I’m back to having leftover pumpkin again!
Is that a huge problem, um no, I don’t believe it is! It just means I’m baking up more pumpkin inspired goodies!
Today, I got creative with granola! Side note: I think I’m also on a breakfast kick right now. Breakfast is such an awesome meal isn’t it? It comes at a great time of day; in the morning, when the day is fresh and beautiful and it almost always comes with coffee, which is totally a win! It really doesn’t get much better than that!
Anyway, back to the granola! I merged two of my favorite things, pumpkin and pecans (and threw in some shredded coconut too!) to make this crunchy, lightly sweet, fall flavored pumpkin granola! It was so good, I ate it with milk for dinner. Truth! I plan on eating it over my yogurt tomorrow!
Oh and did I mention that it is made with all real food ingredients and no refined sugar? You’ll be in love with this pumpkin pecan granola too!
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup pumpkin
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 TBS vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix oats and spices.
- In a medium bowl whisk maple syrup, honey, pumpkin, vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over oats and mix well.
- Stir in melted coconut oil until well combined
- Spread evenly on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, rotating and stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.