October is such a great month, probably one of my favorites. Why you ask? Well, for a couple of reasons; first, the weather has finally turned colder (which is such a welcome relief here in Arizona); it’s time to switch gears and start thinking about winter stuff. And secondly, because Halloween is in October!
Our oldest daughter, MM was born right before Halloween and fortunately (for me) she has always loved everything Halloween! We have so much fun celebrating her birthday in a Halloween way every single year!
Even though she’s getting older, she still asks me to make fun little party treats for her, like these popcorn balls. And, of course, I oblige…because I’m a good mom (not because I’m a total holiday freak, no-no, not because of that).
I’ve made several popcorn ball recipes over the years, but this one is by far our favorite. I love it because it contains only a portion of the refined sugar and artificial ingredients that some of the other recipes call for and because it’s made with natural peanut butter and honey! The kids love it because, well, it’s yummy!
For a little hands on fun, get the kids involved! They love making these a giant sticky mess!
You need these at your next Halloween party!
- 5 cups plain popcorn, popped
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 5 paper straws cut in half (to make 10) or 10 lollipop sticks
- In a large bowl, combine peanuts and popped popcorn.
- In a medium saucepan, bring salt, honey, and sugar to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn and stir well.
- When cool enough to handle, quickly form into 2-1/2" balls and insert stick.
- Let harden at room temperature and then wrap in plastic wrap.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.