I’m just going to jump right in here and share my favorite christmas cookie first. These perfect, mouth-watering, I could eat a dozen right now, peanut butter kiss cookies. I mean, why not start with the best right?
Almost all of my favorite cookies are made of peanut butter, I just love it and then when it’s coupled with something chocolate I’m head over heels in love with it. So naturally, these peanut butter kiss (or peanut butter blossom cookies, as my mom calls them) are at the very tip top of my list.
These are one of those cookies that everyone makes and I know there are probably a million recipes, but this one is the best, I promise. It has been in my family for like ever and I’ve only made a couple of tweaks to it to make it a little tastier. I added some extra peanut butter and lessened the eggs for a chewier texture and now they are perfect!
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- ⅛ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1-3/4 cup flour
- Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add peanut butter and mix completely.
- Stir in flour slowly until all incorporated.
- Spoon dough and roll into balls, roll in sugar, and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Press a Hershey's Kiss into the top of each cook immediately after removing from the oven.
- Gently transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.
sign up for the holiday emails and freebies, so you don’t miss anything!