Fortunately, we don’t have anyone in our family with food allergies or sensitivities, but since there are so many families out there that do, I was inspired to create a grain-free granola. and besides, less grain in our diets is a win in my book! I’m still grain-free from my whole30 experience a few months ago, so this it’s perfect for me too!
I had no idea that seeds baked in honey with a few spices would be so delicious and so, so much like oat granola, but it truly is! The first little bites I took were (piping hot off the pan) and crunchy and sweet and savory and totally tasty. I was a little bit shocked at how good it was!
I put 1/2 cup or so in a bowl and topped with some almond milk and blueberries for breakfast the next morning and i was hooked. from there, it went on everything and I even ate it alone by the handfuls! I’m a big granola eater, so for me to say I don’t miss oat granola is really something and I’m saying it, ‘I don’t miss oat granola!’
If you’re grain-free or just trying to reduce grain consumption, this recipe is perfect!
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS sunflower seed butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- ¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt to a food processor and pulse a few times until coarsely ground.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil, honey, and sunflower seed butter until smooth.
- Add seed mixture, coconut flakes, and raisins (if using) to the honey mixture and stir well to coat.
- Pour granola mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, stir and bake for 8-10 more minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool completely, break apart, and store in an airtight container.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.
Check out my whole30 pinterest board for more recipes like this! Or if you’re not grain-free, you’ll love this everyday granola too!