who’s excited to see food on this blog finally (besides me!)? i know, i know, it’s long overdue! if you know me from my original food blog, the pink sprinkle, you know that i love peanut butter, like a lot!
i’ve made traditional peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies with chocolate, 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies with coconut, and peanut butter cookie bars both with and without chocolate, but i’ve never tried to make a flourless peanut butter cookie before…until now, that is.
what’s so great about a flourless peanut butter cookie you ask? well besides being gluten-free (high-five to my gluten-free friends!), they bake up flat and chewy, and are super peanut butter-y! hannah told me she liked these far better than any other peanut butter cookie i’ve ever made!
brace yourselves. they are delicious!
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup natural crunchy peanut butter (optional, can substitute for smooth)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tbs vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream peanut butter(s), sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt until smooth.
- Stir in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Scoop dough by the heaping teaspoon and roll into a ball.
- Place cookies on a lined cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Using the back of a fork, gently press down on the tops of the cookies crossways to flatten.
- Lightly sprinkle the tops of the cookies with granulated sugar (optional). you can also roll them in sugar before you press them with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. cookies will be very delicate until fully cool.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.
Ready for a freebie?
Let's get organized! Share your email and receive a free daily planning page printable to help design your days!