This edible cookie dough is a dream come true for
me cookie dough lovers! It’s completely safe to eat!
I ‘may’ have a problem when it comes to cookie dough. But I know the risks of eating raw cookie dough, so I decided there had to be a better way. Omit the egg of course and make edible cookie dough! So, I did some playing around with my favorite cookie dough recipe and the amounts of the ingredients until I created the most perfect chocolate chip edible cookie dough!
What exactly do you do with this edible cookie dough you ask? Oh let me tell you, aside from just eating it right out of the bowl (which is my favorite thing to do), you can roll it into little balls and freeze it, then stir it into your favorite ice-cream or add some milk to thin it out and use it as frosting for your favorite brownie recipe! Or how about spreading it between two cookies for an edible cookie dough sandwich? See, there are lots of options!
Whether you hog this all for yourself (me) or share it with someone you care about, you’ll love how easy this edible cookie dough to make and how absolutely delicious it is to eat! You can have tons-o-fun with it!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a medium bowl cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, and salt until creamy.
- Stir in vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add flour and mix well. If too dry, add 1 tsp milk.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
- Eat as is or mix into your favorite brownies or ice-cream as a decadent treat!
*This recipe is egg-free and is safe to eat raw
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.