Since you know how much I love cookies, it seemed totally appropriate that I start the fall off with a new cookie recipe, right-right-right?
If you followed my posts in December you may have caught my teeny tiny mention of my macaroon fail. And, I don’t do failure…like at all…so I kept at it and I’m thrilled to kick off 2015 with my bangin’ new gluten-free macaroon recipe (insert happy dance and random cheerleading arms here)!
I originally attempted plain coconut macaroons with my homemade sweetened and condensed milk (the idea seemed grand, but they ran all over and made a huge, but very sweet mess). As the recipe developed, it changed into something even better than my first idea…coconut almond macaroons with dark chocolate drizzle!
I have several coconut lovers in this house (and I don’t make coconut treats very often), so I knew these cookies would get lots of attention and boy, was I right! Everyone loved them! Poof, gone! Mr. sprinkle said at least twice that he couldn’t believe they were naturally sweetened. They’re really that good! If you need a gluten-free sweet treat, you’ll definitely want to add these to your list of things to make!
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, broken into pieces
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, melted for the drizzle (I used Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk maple sugar and egg white until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Add the coconut and almonds and mix until fully combined.
- Spoon dough by the tablespoon onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through (until golden brown on the bottoms).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and using a spoon, drizzle over the cookies.
- Store in an airtight container.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.
Ready for a freebie?
Let's get organized! Share your email and receive a free daily planning page printable to help design your days!