Hello! I’ve got a sweet surprise for you today! It starts with choco and ends with late…you guessed it, it’s CHOCOLATE (and peanuts too)! Valentine’s Day is just about a month away and I’m getting in the mood already (which is no surprise)! There’s so much chocolate around during this time of year, I felt like I should put my two-cents in too!
You may not know this, but I’m really a vanilla person. If given the choice between chocolate and vanilla, I always chose vanilla. It’s just who I am! But, I can’t lie…there are times, when I want some chocolate and for those times, these little morsels of chocolate/peanut butter/peanut perfection are just the ticket. From start to finish, they take about, oh, 10 minutes or so to make! Big thumbs up!
I can’t claim these chocolate peanut clusters as my own (obviously, haha); they’ve been around forever, but I do make them a little differently. I like to stir in a little bit of natural peanut butter with the chocolate and I also use Enjoy Life chocolate, which is gluten-free and dairy, nut, and soy free with only 5 grams of sugar, so these are the ‘healthier’ version, if you will, of an oldie but goodie (shhhh, don’t tell my family though – wink)!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1 TBS natural peanut butter
- 1 cup peanuts, unsalted
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- In a medium size microwave bowl, melt both kinds of chocolate and peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Fold in peanuts.
- Drop mixture by the teaspoon onto a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops of each candy with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
© Kristine in between. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words or link back to this post.
Ready for a freebie?
Let's get organized! Share your email and receive a free daily planning page printable to help design your days!